SilGenix – Established by Dr. Rafik Guindi – Director of Microelectronics Program and Loai Salem – MSD Alumnus:
- Silgenix provides VLSI design services for electronics microchips lowering their power consumption which enables cell phones and laptops to double their operating time without connection to a power plug.
- Winner of 2rd prize in MIT Business Arab Business Plan Competition 2012.
EG-Bioinformatics – Established by late Dr. Moustafa Ghanem, - NU’s former VP for Research, Dr. Mohamed Abouelhoda - Professors at CIS, Dr. Sameh El Ansary - Professor at SWE Program and Mohamed Kaliouby Informatics Alumnus:
- EG-Bioinformatics Focuses on genome informatics solutions.
- Won 3rd place in the MIT Arab Business Plan Competition 2010 and Best Project in Egypt in the MedVentures Competition 2010.
Trendak – Established by late Dr. Moustafa Ghanem, NU’s former VP for Research & Dr. M. Abdelmottaleb Director of Nanotechnology Program:
- Trendak is a software development and information service company focusing on social media data analysis enabling organizations to tap into large datasets and uncover patterns and trends in the social data.
Inmobly – Established by Dr. Hesham El Gamal –Visiting Professor at NU Wireless Program:
- Inmobly's innovative solutions help optimize data traffic, efficient content delivery, and personalized multimedia-rich content with minimal data charges.
2012 MBC Star of Science - Haitham El Dessouky
- Winner of MBC4 Stars of Science Competition
- Developed the Touch Screen Laminate
- Established his own company – ViviFi